Sunday, June 8, 2014

Holidays in Switzerland and Catchup

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted on here.  I'm engrossed on a course with Distant Stitch, Creative Sketchbooks that time has simply flown by.  I'm really enjoying messing about with paint and paper.

Another distraction is holidays in Switzerland on the Glacier and Bernina Express.  The temperatures ranged from -2 to +30.  The scenery was stunning......from frozen lakes, to alpine flowers, to majestic mountains.  It was amazing.

Frozen lake just beginning to thaw
 


 
 
 
On the way home we went via Cologne in Germany

 


 
The Lock Bridge in Cologne
 

The bridge in Cologne is amazing.  There are hundreds if not thousands of locks that have been put there by members of the public.  Each one has a sentiment on it.  I've never seen anything like it!

 

'til the next time.............

1 comment:

  1. But Cologne isn't in Switzerland!??? I like the look of that train journey!

    ReplyDelete