Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Friend's Mother's Quilt

When a friend said to me that she had a quilt top that her mother had made 30 years ago but had not completed it, I just felt compelled to help finish it.  It needed to be sandwiched and quilted.  Sadly around Christmas time my friend's mother died and now I want to finish this lovely quilt quickly and give it back to her.  I just feel that it will be of great comfort to her.


Here it is layered up before pinning




...and I'm hand quilting it and thought a daisy pattern in the centre would look nice. 


I'm using space dyed silk thread by Stef Francis in soft pink mixture

.........til the next time

3 comments:

  1. oh Irene, what a nice thing to do. What a treasure and comfort for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! How nice for your friend to think about both her mother and you when she uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt,it is always nice to finish off quilts like this,it will be so treasured!
    Irene,we were going to go to the Whitehall Garden centre which is probably the one where you saw the polar bears!But decided as it was the school holidays it would be so busy with children,so we went to a smaller garden centre nearer Melksham. We had a lovely lunch.look around and chat!

    ReplyDelete